We share knowledge and experience with our customers worldwide – it’s part of how we serve them. More than that, it’s vital that the industry evolves to grow crops more sustainably and produce enough healthy food for the world. Bejo gladly devotes time and resources to helping regions and countries in early stages of their agricultural development.
We do this by:
• Breeding and developing vegetable varieties to suit local climate conditions and making the seeds available to smallholder farmers.
• Engaging in local activities to boost farmers’ business opportunities – for instance, by teaching agricultural skills, improving seed and
product distribution, and encouraging cooperation up and down the chain.
We have programs in place in several areas in the world, such as West Africa, Asia and Central America.
READ MORE ABOUT THESE PROGRAMS:
- Bejo Allium Training Center in Indonesia trains first farmers
- Onion growers Senegal learn new techniques
- Innovative True Potato Seed promising for small holder farmers in Africa, Asia and Central America
- Fundación Centro Educativo Agrícola Melanie Beemsterboer